Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm quitting my job

On Monday next week I'm quitting my job. That's not a small event in itself - I've been there 3 years and first 'real' job out of uni.
However it's so much more bloody difficult now that literally half of our engineers have quit over the last 2 months. We had 8 structural engineers (excluding directors) about 2 months back and had already too much forward workload for 2007. When I leave it will be only 3. Plus one of the 3 senior draughtsmen has gone and another may be on his way...
So they're in the shit and they know it. Anyway not my problem, I look forward to celebratory drinks - so where-ever you may be in the world on Monday, please have a drink for me.

2 Comments:

At 4:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, unemployed bum. good times to be had over the chrissy period for you!

I'll have a drink for you monday kiwitime, which i believe is now (sunday aftrnoon UK) Awesome.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

(hope you've worked it so that you still get to go to work xmas party!?)

tell your woman to get in touch with me.. its been ages!

 
At 8:25 pm, Blogger Jacob said...

Cheers Coz, thanks for that.
Merry (early) Christmas back at ya.
Yeah today was the day I told them I quit so I've still got a few weeks to go, but care factor has gone riiight down.

My woman says she'll call you on Sunday night our time (Sunday morning your time) but she'll text you first:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home