Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Melbourne Mate

Hey, well yes in Melbourne now. It's hot and I have a stunning watch mark from the sun already (Haha Craig). We've been doing a lot of wandering around looking for places to live and it gets sticky but it's only been 28 degrees and we expect 38 on Saturday, so start planning the funeral now. We found a bloody brilliant apartment building in the weekend but got shot down as there were too many others wanting it too - I think we need to get used to that as occupancy rates are at 99% and it's making news headlines.
I had an interview today; not that I'm even looking for work until I find an apartment but word has spread and engineers are in short supply so that's all good. I got an interview without a CV prepared or job application or anything. Don't think it's a job I want as I can't bring myself to design Mcdonalds buildings all day.
Tomorrow brings another day of looking for apartments, so hopefully stays under 30 degrees!

P.s there is a car wash place on the corner that bikini girls clean it for you and give a pole dance. Seeing as you're not allowed to clean the car yourself due to water restrictions, this seems a great idea but Annabel doesn't seem to agree...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home